Friday, November 29, 2013

Rough Day...It Happens!

Best news of the day...Becki and Jodi, my friends from Kenya Round One in July and August, arrived late Tuesday night.  They are hear to work their magic, along with Kylee and Kiara, on painting the remaining girls' rooms with inspiring phrases and beautiful decorative art.  They got to work immediately, completing three beautiful rooms in a flurry of artistic creativity.


The girls were just thrilled when they walked into their freshly painted rooms. "Wow, wow, wow!" in rapid succession!  And, of course, each girl just loved their room the best.  Becki, Jodi, Kylee and Kiara made sure each bed had a little something special for each special occupant.  :)

For me, it was a rough day.  My ankle was really bothering me...no doubt as a consequence of over use.  My job all day was to shoo the kids away from the rooms being painted...and it gets a bit depressing always being the "bad guy" and telling the kids "Inje!"  which means "Outside!"  I tried to imagine myself as my friend's mother...who used to send her 8 kids outside to play and lock the door!! (It's true!  I only have two children but I can certainly understand the urge to lock your kids out of the house every once in a while.  No offense intended to children everywhere.)

Plus, I like to be productive and useful.  And walking with my "stick" (my cuff crutch renamed by the kids) and shooing small, smiling girls from rooms that are rightfully theirs is not my idea of "productive and useful."  Though later in the day, Becki told me that keeping the girls out was VERY useful.  Apparently, earlier in the day when the enforcer (me) was not yet in position, there were small people running amok in the rooms...fingers in the paint, paint on the walls and each other... joyful chaos and a big mess ensued.  Two points for the Enforcer!  Inje!

Newton returned his first draft of his letter to me today.  (See?  I asked him to do it yesterday, and he returned it to me today!!  He's not a procrastinator, that's for sure.)  It needed a little bit of work...but the sentiment was all there.  My favorite line...at the end..."It is my hope you will find my interest sincere."  Love that boy.

Tish


No comments:

Post a Comment