Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sponsors, Sponsors, Everywhere

Just one last note...when I arrived in Kenya, exhausted and barely functioning on July 18th, the Mighty Acorn Foundation had sponsors for 17 girls at the new orphanage (also previously referred to by me as "The Big House" or "the Monstrosity").  I just checked the website, in a rare moment of WiFi at 11:37 p.m. (plug: www.mightyacornfoundation.org) and 52 girls have been sponsored.  Wow!  Thank you, thank you to all the sponsors who have opened their hearts (and let's be honest, wallets) to a child on the other side of the planet.  I haven't had a chance to check each sponsored child to see who sponsored them, but when I get home...and have fast internet...I'm going to do that.  And sponsors, if I know you,  you can expect an actual hand-written snail mail letter from me (they are so rare, you should probably frame it) of thanks and appreciation.
I am here.  I have heard their stories.  I have seen the conditions they have escaped.  And, most importantly, I have seen the benefits of a safe and loving home for these children.   Though noisy, crowded and somewhat chaotic...it's a wonderful place to be.
Tish

No comments:

Post a Comment