Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Time for Goodbyes

Hard to believe I'm packing up all my belongings and heading for home.  I've so enjoyed my time in Kenya.  Who wants to join in the fun and sign up to come back next year?  I'm thinking more enjoying and less hard work...if that makes slug-infested sinks, hair-raising van rides and malaria-infested mosquitoes any more attractive!
It's been an amazing journey.  I'll miss every pair of mismatched shoes...
Every pair of paint-covered hands...
Every new friend...
Each delicious meal...
Every hard-working boy...
and subsequent load of laundry out to dry...
Every iron-pumping teenager...
My lovely sponsored child, Millecent...
and each beautiful face.
Thank you to all my friends, old and new, who followed along on my foray into social media.  If you know me well, I know you are so proud!!  It's been fun to share the love of so many lovely children.  Thank you, friends, who chose to sponsor a child, or are considering it.  (Just in case... www.mightyacornfoundation.org)  Your actions are truly life changing for a child from the slums.  Thank you all for sharing in this adventure.  :)

But let's get down to it!  So excited to get home.  I'm signing up for some love and hugs from my family and friends (and maybe a "cuddle" from my favorite Clunge Ambler Ethan, if he'll permit it).  Maria and Ethan have been at camp in Northern Minnesota, loving "the magical land of no electricity" for four weeks.  I doubt they have missed me but I imagine they will pretend so for my benefit.  
You want to see happy tears?!  Stop by International Falls on Friday night when I pick up Maria from Camp Ogichi Daa Kwe and swing by to see Ethan at Camp Kooch-i-ching for the infamous Friendship Dance (where else do boys hold hands and dance around a fire?!).  For joy!!
My best to all!
Tish








1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your adventures "live" with a spiced chai latte in our hands. Your blogging skills are awesome and it was such a treat to get a sneak peak into your adventures. You would be proud of Courtney as she was a SCRIP GURU. Be safe in your travels.

    ReplyDelete