Monday, July 8, 2013

Getting Started...


Friends,
As many of you know, I'm a luddite. (Look it up in the dictionary.)  Be proud of me because I'm stretching way out of my comfort zone setting up this blog.  (And, no, I'm not on Facebook.)
I'm headed to Kitale, Kenya July 16 through August 6 with some friends to get an orphanage ready for a bunch of beautiful little girls.  Painting, beds, sheets, shelves, supplies...you get the idea.  I want to use this blog to share pictures and stories...so you can all join in on the adventure.
The orphanage is the vision of the DeMarchis family.  (Shout out to Denise!)  We hope to make their dream a reality by creating a welcoming, cute!!, safe and fun place for the girls who will soon call it home.
Get ready to fall in love...these little ones (and some medium-sized ones too) are precious!  Learn more at about supporting the orphanage and sharing the love at www.mightyacornfoundation.com. (Not sure the site is up and running yet...but keep checking!)
More on that later.
Tish

7 comments:

  1. I am completely impressed that you set up a BLOG (and that you are going to Kenya to do something life changing for these little girls and also likely for you)! Can't wait to live vicariously - be safe and Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to following your progress, Tish! Many blessings to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Tish! Looking forward to our adventures! And thanks for doing this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, UR2Cool! I can't wait to hear of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so awesome....you are great & I REALLY hope to go soon too! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!!! I am so proud of you--you are doing a wonderful thing by helping out with the orphanage AND you set up a blog! You are amazing but I already knew that.

    Have a wonderful time...being a fellow "weber", I know that you will shed lots of tears of joy/love/sadness/etc. I will be thinking of you every day and bring some sleepy medicine for the long plane ride!
    XOXOOX J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tish
    Hope you got there safely. This blog thing is new for me... so not only are you helping orphans in Kenya.... but you are helping push my technology window.... look forward to your updates.
    (The oldersister)

    ReplyDelete