Monday, July 22, 2013

Wow! Church!

Today is Sunday and we had a knock-your-socks-off experience at church today!  Wow!  Lots of music...I couldn't understand a word except "Baba" which means "Father" but it sounded so good!  My sweet little friend, Irene, sat with me and tried to feed me the lines in Swahili.  I sang along to the best of my ability...which we all know is "thumbs down."   And then we had lots of preaching...oh my!  Richard certainly had everyone's attention.  Can I get an "amen"?
And, of course, more priming at the orphanage today.  Not quite so many "little" helpers, but still a few.
Hellen, Abiud (correct spelling...I asked today!), Erik, Griffin, and Laban in the back row.  I love all these boys in the back row...they are stand-up, hard working young men.
Collins, tall Irene with paint dust in her hair, cute little Miss X whose name is escaping me at the moment, and Sarah in the second row.
And Rose and the lovely Beryl in the front.
Today, we finished two more girl's rooms and one house mother's room.  Only six more girl's rooms, three house mother rooms, two guest rooms, associated bathrooms for all the above, a massive gathering area, a long hallway and all the ceilings.  Phew!  (I'll remind you...two coats of paint, too.)
Finally, Kiara and I agree...kids all across the globe respond with the same focused monotony when it comes to the television set.  Here we are watching "Cars" in English...with English subtitles.  Not sure I get that, but...  So, honestly, what these kids really need is a 60" plasma flat screen.  It's a joke, people!  It's a joke! :)
Tish



 

2 comments:

  1. Just you wait till Brady Bunch comes on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a bit different from our masses at St. E......

    ReplyDelete