Thursday, July 18, 2013

More Beautiful Photos...

Just arrived in Kenya last night.  Met up with Kiara at Detroit and traveled on two very long flights to Amsterdam and then Nairobi.  And, besides the slightly crazed guy seated in front of me on my flight to Amsterdam (and, yes, I did inform the flight attendant...wouldn't you if he was reaching under the seat and trying to get into YOUR bag?  And then givimg the fist-raised "black panther" salute?), all went well.
We leave this afternoon for Eldoret and then a one or two hour drive to Kitale.  (I'm informed the length of the drive is directly proportional to the size of the potholes on the road...yes, really.)  My thoughts are ranging from "Can't wait to get started!!" to "What if my appendix bursts?!"  Yikes.
Just wanted to send along more beautiful photos from the lovely and talented Jenni Vorderman.  (Forgot to footnote her in the first post...rookie mistake!) I can promise my photos won't be nearly as cool.  You can be amazed by Jenni's photos from Kitale at www.jennivordermanphoto.com.
I love these two photos...especially the little girls in their Matilda Jane clothes!   Looks like true friendship to me...so sweet.
And, big news!! The Mighty Acorn Foundation website is up and running.  Be sure to visit at www.mightyacornfoundation.com.  (Special notation for my 88-year-young father who just got an iPad:  You can touch any web address underlined in blue and the iPad will take you there by magic!)
Tish

6 comments:

  1. XOXOOXOXOX So proud of you. Big flying girl! Have a great time. You'll help them and they'll help you, too! I love you!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have to write a book after this adventure! I hope you arrive at Kitale, appendix intact! Love Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the Indian tracking princess find her way? Can't wait to hear all the details. The girls are so pretty. Natural beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll see you soon....packing up our gear! Having NO CUTE SHOES to pack leaves lots of room for painting supplies. And pillow protectors. And Deet. I am sure you'll have it all down to a science by the time we arrive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tish
    Step one on yòur journey...a journey in many ways. Can not wait to see and hear more. Be safe, enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Headed off to camp tomorrow. Just received word of a head lice outbreak in last weeks group. Please be gone all you little critters by the time we arrive. By the way...I'm there by myself��

    ReplyDelete